The Hidden Costs of Analog
Traditional business phone systems represent more than one kind of expense—and can be more costly than you’d think.
- With a closet or room full of telephone exchange equipment, the on-site model of the business phone system represents a large upfront and ongoing equipment cost.
- The maintenance and administration of on-site phone systems often require a staff of IT professionals.
Your business phone system should contribute to the ongoing success of your business, rather than drain valuable resources away from more important initiatives.
VoIP Calls Run Over the Internet
Voice over Internet Protocol(VoIP) is a method for taking analog audio signals, like the kind you hear when you talk on the phone, and turning them into digital data that can be transmitted over the Internet. Hosted PBX is a service where the call platform and PBX features are hosted at the service provider location.
You Get More and Pay Less with VoIP
- More Flexible: Hosted PBX systems enable employees to work either in the office or from a virtual office without compromising the company’s image or service level.
- More Scalable: A VoIP Hosted PBX system easily scale to meet your demands. So, if you’re a one-person office today and a 50-person office next year, the only equipment you would have to purchase would be your IP phones.
- More Economical: No hardware means no system maintenance expenses. And, with VoIP, you always have access to the most current features and functionality since your phone system is upgraded in the cloud. We do the maintenance for you so you no longer need an IT staff to maintain your phone system. And our prices are lower than analog too!
- More Powerful: With a VoIP Hosted PBX system, there are unlimited options for how to route your calls. Yes, unlimited! Why? Being digital, VoIP can be programmed to do just about anything you might need your phone system to do.
- More Secure: Hosted PBX system are typically setup on redundant servers at separate data centers that are accessed via a secure data connection. Backups are maintained for you and when your internet goes down, calls can be easily routed to cell phones or alternate locations.
The global VoIP services market will expand at a 9.7% CAGR during the forecast period of 2014 to 2020. – Market Research Group TMR, September 2014,
VoIP Gives You More Features
Press8 offers over 50 powerful enterprise-level phone system features free with every plan. Here is a sample of the functionality supported by our hosted PBX solution:
|iPhone APP||PC-Based Softphone|
|Prioritized Skill Routing||Record Conference Calls|
|Voicemail to Email||Voicemail Transcription|
|Web Fax||Web-Based Control panel|
|Android APP||Auto Attendant|
|Call Queues||Call Recording|
|Call Reporting||Call Transfer|
|Contact Center Solutions||Dial by Name Directory|
|Extension Dialing||Hold Music/Message|
|Conference Bridge||Hunt Groups…. and many more!|
On-Premise vs. Hosted
As confusing as it all might seem, there are only two types of VoIP PBX systems: on-premise VoIP PBX or hosted VoIP PBX. Here is a quick overview of the pros and cons.
|On-Premise PBX||Hosted PBX|
|Large upfront investment||Minimal upfront investment|
|Over time need to rip & replace old hardware||Keep the phones & scale seemlessly|
|Multiple bills & phone companies to manage||Only 1 bill to pay & 1 relationship to manage|
|User bears risk & responsibility||Provider bears risk & responsibility|
|Local staff provide system & end user support||Provider delivers system & end user support|
|User is responsible for implementation||Provider manages implementation|
|Upgrades require additional investment||Upgrades are included & automatic|
|4-digit dialing for on-premise users only||4-digit dialing for any user, any location|
Find out more
Only an informed customer can make the right decision for themselves, their company, etc. We want you to have access to all the information you need to make the best decision possible for your organization—whether you want full control and responsibility over your phone system or you prefer to outsource it to a hosted PBX provider. (You can get you up and running with Press8 in less time than you may think. We invite you to watch our Video Tutorials so you can see how the Press8 hosted PBX system might work for you. Of course, should you be ready for a more personal experience, you can contact us directly to speak with a hosted PBX system expert or request a personal demonstration.
Powerful Telecom Over the Internet
Initial Cost Savings
With a VoIP hosted PBX there is no equipment to purchase or maintain. All software is hosted in the cloud.
Ongoing Cost Savings
Typically, a VoIP hosted PBX implementation is significantly more cost-effective over the long run than a traditional analog PBX.
With a VoIP hosted PBX, employees can work from anywhere there is a high-speed internet connection.
With a VoIP hosted PBX, your business can get phone numbers in cities where you are not physically located which can help your business create a local presence anywhere.
For small businesses VoIP gives instant credibility by presenting customers with a professional sounding telephone solution with enterprise phone system features.
With a traditional phone system, when you want to add a new user you typically have to add new hardware. With a hosted PBX adding or removing users is fast and easy.
VoIP hosted PBX systems are hosted in the cloud making it fast and easy to setup a new account.
Web-Based Control Panel
VoIP hosted PBX systems typically come with a web-based control panel. With it, customers can manage, monitor and make changes to their phone system without needing any specialized skills or experience.
Auto Expanding Lines
With our proprietary Auto Expanding Lines your customers will never get a busy signal. We will allocate extra lines for you during peak call times.